MAPS >> OFFLINE MAPS List

Here you get support in english

MAPS >> OFFLINE MAPS List

Postby PlasmaWave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:10 am

Using L4C Pro, I have a lot of offline maps loaded but the list is displayed in a totally random order. Maps are NOT displayed in any logical order, i.e. alphabetical (preferred) or file size or even date when installed/created. Maps having similar names are not grouped together. I installed several similarly named maps (e.g. GBSxxx, GBSxxy, GBSxxz) at the same time but they appear spread out within the list randomly. This is a real problem when trying to select a specific map.

I’m sure in the past maps were at least grouped in some order and certainly easy to find - I think it was in my preferred alphabetical order. This changed I believe in the past 12/18 months.
Attachments
L4C Offline maps List v1.jpg
L4C Offline maps List v2.jpg
PlasmaWave

Re: MAPS >> OFFLINE MAPS List

Postby weichei5004 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:32 am

Hi,
where are your maps coming from?
I use the map download center and it looks pretty good.
Andreas
Attachments
63E1E1EA-57DC-4839-81C5-885F8FE9C875.png
weichei5004

Postby PlasmaWave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi thanks for your interesting reply - yours look good!!

My offline maps were all prepared by a friend using various mapping sources - he puts them together in the necessary format and chooses the map names. Because the file size can be large, the whole country (GB) cannot be covered by one very detailed map (1:25k), so he prepared various maps for areas I visit. The maps named "GBxxx" are to a larger scale, so whole of Great Britain is covered in 1:50k.

I then upload them into L4C via iTunes - I have tried loading them individually in alphabetical order and alternatively as a group with similar names - the randomly displayed order happens either way.

When viewed from within iTunes, they are displayed in alphabetical order.

I have tried looking for settings within L4C but cannot find anything that helps.
PlasmaWave

Postby PlasmaWave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Your map names are nice & simple and not too many loaded, so therefore easy to differentiate between them.

Actually looking again at your list, the maps are NOT in alphabetical order but also "random". The "DE xxx's" should be at the top, followed by "Germany" at the bottom.

The "DExxx" maps should be listed in the order: "DE Berlin", then "DE Bremen" then "DE Hamberg! then "DE Saarland" - "DE Saarland" should not really be above Hamburg & Bremen.

Seems your list is also not in any particular order, so guessing L4C is not handling the list as we might expect.

How do we contact L4C admins with issues? I never see any response on this forum or their Facebook page these days - they used to be very good at answering queries.
PlasmaWave

Postby PlasmaWave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Here is the offline map list loaded into L4C but viewed from with iTunes ...
Attachments
L4C Offline Map List in iTunes.jpg
PlasmaWave

Postby weichei5004 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 pm

I think you should give the maps a try. They’re very detailed and I never missed a think.
Not sure what L4C can do with self made maps.

Andreas
weichei5004

Postby PlasmaWave » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 am

Hi Andreas,

I do have one of L4C's "VECTOR MAPS" loaded ('Great Britain') and it is quite detailed, however the UK Ordinance Survey 1:50k & 1:25k scale maps I have as "OFFLINE MAPS" are far more detailed, particularly for interesting features, contours and the UK's extensive network of 'public rights of way' (footpaths and bridleways).

All my offline maps work perfectly so no problems using them, BUT selecting which map I want to use is not easy because L4C lists / displays the maps in a random order. This random listing also apples to the Vector Maps, based on your maps of Germany.

My request is that L4C either displays maps (Vector and Offline) in alphabetical order or provide a user selectable choice of the order in which maps are displayed / listed.

Thanks, Richard
PlasmaWave

Return to Support in english