Corrected coordinates not showing

Here you get support in english

Corrected coordinates not showing

Postby bingbonglong » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Hello. I am a new user of looking4cache but I love it already. I have one problem. When I download one of my PQs into L4C, only *some* of the caches that I have added corrected coordinates to on the GC website show the corrected coordinates icon. Why is this and how can I get them all to show the corrected coordinates icon? Thank you
bingbonglong

Re: Corrected coordinates not showing

Postby bingbonglong » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:03 pm

I should have said that the caches are showing at the location of the corrected coordinates ok. It's just the icon that's wrong.
bingbonglong

Postby weichei5004 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 pm

You have to update your Cachelist

Andreas
weichei5004

Postby bingbonglong » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:53 am

Thank you for your reply. Could you provide instructions?
Are you saying that the PQ gpx file doesn't contain information about whether the coords are corrected or not?
bingbonglong

Postby Blazez » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi, I was looking throught the forum since i have exacly the same question.
I have solved some mystery caches and i entered the corrected coordinates on the GC.com site.

On the geocaching maps (on gc.com) the icon and location is changed to the new location and another icon.
In L4C the location is changed, but it's stil the default mystery cache icon.

When i reload the single cache, the icon in L4C changes to a green icon and the corrected coordinates are listed in the cache information. refresh of a complete pocket query (with 1000 caches) takes a long time. But after a refresh of all the caches (and a reload of the database) the icons are green and the corrected coordinates are listed.

So it looks like the corrected coordinates are not correctly transferred from the pocket query to L4C. They are read as the normally listed coordinates for the mystery cache.
OR the corrected coordinates are not seand as corrected coordinates in the pocket query.

It would be great when a corrected coordinate when loaded from a pocket query is correctly listed as a coorcted coordinate and the icon is green.
Blazez

Return to Support in english