Change List... Map moves far away

Here you get support in english

Change List... Map moves far away

Postby bfabry » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:00 pm

every time I "Manage Lists" and change the current list, the map moves far far away, like the artic, even though both lists are centered in the same area. Why would the map move at all?
Attachments
IMG_3899.PNG
map
bfabry

Re: Change List... Map moves far away

Postby bfabry » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Was just on another caching trip where we used several lists. We were switching between lists frequently to see caches in different categories that covered a large area. This bug was quite frustrating. What should it do? Probably not pan or zoom at all, but I can see that if you were switching to a list in a completely different area, that may be disorienting. Perhaps there could be an option to either center on the new list and zoom to a level to show all it's caches, or, do not zoom or pan at all, leave the map just the way it was. If it did only one though, I'd prefer the latter. That would be the most intuitive.
bfabry

Postby bfabry » Sat May 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks to a friend who also uses L4C, he told me about a work around...

Configurations > Maps > Load Cache List or Search Results

Make sure this is off. Problem solved.

Now this begs the question... What is the feature supposed to do? (I don't think it is doing it) And why on earth is it on by default? Perhaps this is a western hemisphere bug, so the developer and many others do not see it? I know there have been other bugs in this category.
bfabry

Postby Thorsten » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:57 am

Hi,

the intention of this feature is to zoom out that all of the caches of to currently loaded cache list will be shown. On "normal" list with some hundred caches it worked ok. I introduced it after several mails about the old behavior. Before it jumps to the center of the cache list on a fixed zoom level.

I found a bug inside the calculation of the area to display. If it is a very large area (like one cache list on the US east coast and one on the west coast) the calculation did not work. This bugfix will be released in the next days.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Postby hansvd » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:29 am

I believe that this bug is still present. Can you confirm, Thorsten?
hansvd

Return to Support in english