displaying Images

Here you get support in english

displaying Images

Postby b13s » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm

In the "Download" section I have "after search" everything disabled and enabled only after the refresh - what I noticed quite a few times that even after the refesh images are not displayed - I get message at the bottom saying that imaged downloaded, but I do not see them in the cache. Is there some bug related to this ? Today I had to open quite a few caches in the Safari just to see the pictures.

Also when do the pictures to the pocket queries get loaded ? After the import or only after the refresh of the cache ? For whatever reason even with "after search" everything on I still need to reload the cache to get the pictures.
b13s

Re: displaying Images

Postby Thorsten » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 pm

At the moment I don´t know about a bug here, but maybe...

After refreshing the cache, do you see the description of the images, but the images where only white? Or is there nothing in the image section of the cache? Did they appear if you refreshs a second time? That it counts down loaded images can also be because of user avatars.

L4C can only download images that are uploaded to Groundspeak. Some owner are also upload a image to another web server and just displaying them within the listing. Do you have one or to GC-Codes of these caches?

PQ & Images: A PQ/GPX as they are generated by geocaching.com does not include informations about images, so L4C can´t donwload them. To get the images (and attributes and fav points) for a complete PQ you can use the function "refresh category" in the cache list loading screen. It´s slow because each cache of a category will be loaded through the API, but the data is more complete then by a gpx file.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Postby b13s » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm

I get just a name and empty (white) space where image suppose to be - they eventually appear after a refresh or few or just by going out and back into pictures - not really sure about behavior (I just switch to official geocaching app in this case...) I think it usually happens if cache has more images, but not sure. Next time it happens I'll try to remember to write down the cache number.

I tried to refresh category - but for a 1000 caches it takes ages.
b13s

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 pm

When the image rows appears (with image name) but only with a white image, it means that loading the image information from groundspeak was successful. But the image file itself is not loaded.

The image file will be loaded
  • Directly after refreshing the cache, if the corresponding option in the configuration is activated. If so, you will see a small black box indicating the image count and the already downloaded count.
  • If the direct download is deactivated the image download starts for each image individual, as soon as a image is requested the first time (this is the moment when you see the white image box the first time. After some waiting (depends on the file size and the bandwidth) the image should appear.

So best is to check the configuration setting under the "Download" section. Is this so by you or does the image does also not appear after some waiting?

The refresh category function calls the "Search for Geocaches" function of the API for all imported caches. 90% of the time is waiting for and downloading from geocaching.com.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Postby b13s » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Would it be possible to have some indication that images are loading ? Progress bar for example ?
b13s

Return to Support in english