duplicate DNF logs

Here you get support in english

duplicate DNF logs

Postby paloa » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:05 am

thank-you for a great application.

I am using L4C Pro 1.2.0. I submitted a DNF log that was duplicated. Are there any troubleshooting options I can turn on to try to help diagnose the issue?

Note I am using L4C to submit logs for 2 users. Both sets of the DNF logs were duplicated. I have not seen this problem before and have not replicated the issue. I see in the forums that it was mentioned as a bug that I understand that was fixed in a previous release.

This application is great at minimizing the battery life. Most of the time I appreciate all of the clever methods used to extend its life. Occasionally I would prefer an option that is less miserly and provided maximum responsiveness. I appreciate all the configuration settings and do like fine tuning and making tradeoffs. It would be optimum if in addition to the individual settings there was a mode or a quick way to switch all from maximum responsiveness or to most battery conservation.

I appreciate the managing trackables features the application currently has. A few minor tweaks:
it would be useful to be able to as part of the submit log trackables to enter a tb code of a tb that isn't in the list of tb that are in the cache. (I found I could search a trackable in the user profile screen). A visit all feature as mentioned and discussed would be great. I have seen a couple of times that tb that are in my inventory (included in the list in the app) ask me for the trackable code before it would submit a log.

Is there a way to export? A setting to export logs or gpx to dropbox or other place would be very helpful.

thank-you. This is a great application.
paloa

Re: duplicate DNF logs

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi,

sorry for the delay, I´m really busy at the moment..

Note I am using L4C to submit logs for 2 users. Both sets of the DNF logs were duplicated. I have not seen this problem before and have not replicated the issue. I see in the forums that it was mentioned as a bug that I understand that was fixed in a previous release.
The logging process gives printouts to the iOS console for tracking bugs. With the free app "iConsole" you can view this output and send them as a mail. If another duplicated log occurs, please send this log to info@looking4cache.com. I already tested 2 users dnf-logs without a duplicate.

This application is great at minimizing the battery life. Most of the time I appreciate all of the clever methods used to extend its life. Occasionally I would prefer an option that is less miserly and provided maximum responsiveness. I appreciate all the configuration settings and do like fine tuning and making tradeoffs. It would be optimum if in addition to the individual settings there was a mode or a quick way to switch all from maximum responsiveness or to most battery conservation.
You can override the auto-gps-mode by tapping on the colored point on the top left of the map.

it would be useful to be able to as part of the submit log trackables to enter a tb code of a tb that isn't in the list of tb that are in the cache. (I found I could search a trackable in the user profile screen)
If you habe the tb code or tracking number you can search the tb from the user profile screen. Within this tb screen there should be a option to create a log for this travelbug. These logs are separate from cache logs.

A visit all feature as mentioned and discussed would be great.
This function is already available. Open your user profile, go to Trackables. For all trackables in your inventory you can activate the automatic logging and enter a standard log text for this trackable.

I have seen a couple of times that tb that are in my inventory (included in the list in the app) ask me for the trackable code before it would submit a log.
Normally the tracking number should saved if you enter the tracking number the first time and is pre filled in the following logs. Does this not work by you or do you mean something else?

Is there a way to export?
At the moment no. I have to plans for exports at the moment. I will add the export of local logs to a fieldnotes.txt that will be compatible with gc.com and GSAK. Second I will make a special database format to export cache lists (including all data and images) and mail them. This is for sharing caches with other users.

Best,
Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Return to Support in english