Upgrade from "L4C Free" to "Pro" - retain data?

Here you get support in english

Upgrade from "L4C Free" to "Pro" - retain data?

Postby mthomas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi,

I am currently planning to upgrade to the "Pro" version of L4C, since it has been a reliable companion in my first couple of months of geocaching.

What I want to avoid however is to loose my custom waymarks, notes etc. I already have - so how do I smoothly upgrade while retaining my data? I haven't seen any "upgrade" button in-app and I am not sure (nor do I want to try) what happens when I simply buy the "Pro" version next to the free one.

Cheers and thanks for the good app
Michael
mthomas

Re: Upgrade from "L4C Free" to "Pro" - retain data?

Postby Thorsten » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi,

the pro and free version are complete separate form each other and so have own databases if you buy the pro from the store.

But after installing the pro version you can copy the "database.sqlite" with iTunes on your computer (Device -> Apps -> Scroll to the bottom) from the free version to the pro version. So all your downloaded caches, waypoints and so on are copied.

After copying the database you have to authorize your account with geocaching.com in the configuration again. The other settings in the configuration are lost, but I think this can be reset in a short time.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Postby mthomas » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks, that worked quite well. Maybe a candidate for the FAQ? Also, I could imagine having an upgrade option in the "Free"-version is one hurdle less for users who appreciate it and want to give something back.
mthomas

Postby Thorsten » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Your right, I added it to the faq.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Return to Support in english