Idiot Proof Instructions

Here you get support in english

Idiot Proof Instructions

Postby Wolfercdat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 am

O.K. I know the instructions are probably somewhere "obvious" but I can't find them and I really want to be able to use this app. It looks like everyone likes it and it's popular. Therefore, will someone p,ease either direct me to the instructions or give me detailed step by step instructions on how to find a geocache. I can't figure out what each of the buttons do because the info listed uses terminology that is also unfamiliar. I'm looking for the type of instructions that can show me how to follow the line to the cache. It took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to find a cache, but I can't figure out how to follow the line to get there. I think I'm the blue circle and the book is the cache. There is a line between them and a compass that lights up different colors. Do I follow the compass in the direction it turns green or do I follow the map? If I follow the compas the measurements showing how many feet the cache is away never changes and I walked 1/4 mile. Do I need to push a different button to ge the map to move with me as I walk? Thank you for your assistance.
Wolfercdat

Re: Idiot Proof Instructions

Postby Thorsten » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi,

here is a link to the manual where all buttons and functions are explained: http://www.looking4cache.com/manual This manual you can also open in the app in the configuration under the help-section. There are also links to youtube tutorials in the help section.

Yes, you are the blue circle. The arrow on the compass points to the cache or waypoint that is your current target. If the arrow points to the top (green) the target is in front of you. The distance is to the target.

If you hold the button on the right side (to center your position) for a second, the map moves if you move.

I hope this informations helps you.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Return to Support in english