Import a GPX file

Here you get support in english

Import a GPX file

Postby bonniesmom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:36 pm

I still can't figure out how to import a GPX file into Looking4Cache when I'm using my IPad. I don't have the APPs option on the ITunes App on the IPad that I do through the ITunes that I downloaded on my PC. Please walk me through it step by step.
bonniesmom

Re: Import a GPX file

Postby Thorsten » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi,

I try to guide you, but my iTunes is in German so maybe I use the wrong translations.. The hole process has nothing to do with the iTunes app on your device..

• Open iTunes on your PC and connect the iPad with USB.
  • On the left side of iTunes your iPad should appear under the section 'Devices'. Click on the device.
  • Now you should see the overview of your device an the right side.
  • Above the overview a action bar appears on the top of this page. There click 'Apps'. It´s near to the Apple logo.
  • Now you should see a list of your installed apps and a 'screenshot' of your device.
  • Scroll down on this page until a section appears called 'File transfer' (or simular).
  • This section contains a list with apps supporting file transfers.
  • Select 'L4C xyz' in this list. Right of it the files of L4C will be displayed.
  • Now you can copy the gpx file or the zip archiv with drag&drop on the file list.

I hope that helps..

By the way: In the next version you can click on gpx files in mails, Safari or from apps like Dropbox.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Return to Support in english