Lite v full programme Error.

Here you get support in english

Lite v full programme Error.

Postby Carrera24 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Although I am a fully registered user with Geocaching. Com. I keep getting an error estate telling me I am only using the Lite Version and that I should go to the previous page and press refresh. Unfortunately that facilty is not there, so how to I get it to recognise I am a paid member.
Regards.
Carrera24

Re: Lite v full programme Error.

Postby Thorsten » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 am

Hi,

please go in the configuration, there to "Users" and open your user accout. On this screen you find the label "User status" saying "Basic" or "Premium". Right of this label there is the button "Refresh". Press this button, wait some seconds and look if the status changes to "Premium".

If not, try the button "Remove auth." and use "Authenticate" again.

Hope that helps...

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Postby Thorsten » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Another posibility is, that with the authentication (config / users) all is fine and you just used the "Lite" option in the search. The "Lite" option is the switch on the top right of the search view.

If so, the refresh button is on the detail view of a cache on the upper right corner. A circular arrow.

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Postby Carrera24 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Many thanks,
All sorted.
Regards
Dave M. :D
Carrera24

Postby JPrison » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but cannot get it solved. Just upgraded to a Premium account at Geocaching.com (although a 3-month membership, but that shouldn't be a problem I suppose). On Geocaching tje alteted membership status is showing. I tried to refresh the user status but still showing Basic. I also tried to unauthentiate and reauthentiate - but still showing Basic. Also when I try to use the circular icon on the searchscreen I get the message that I cannot download any more full info because I'm a light user...

Please help.

Love your app otherwise...
JPrison

Postby JPrison » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 am

Issue solved!

Made a refresh in the user status settings this morming and the account changed from basic to premium. Guess the settings just needed some sleep.

/JPrison
JPrison

Postby Thorsten » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 am

In the last weeks Groundspeak have some issues with their membership service. With this service the API get the infos, if you are a basic or premium member. In this thread a Groundspeak Lackey describes it:
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=309953

Best, Thorsten
Thorsten
Site Admin

Return to Support in english