Compass and map rotation stopped working

Here you get support in english

Compass and map rotation stopped working

Postby Ezh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Hello there,

Got the same problem on two devices today: iPhone 6 Plus and iPad, iOS 12.4.4. The compass and the map orientation in L4C stopped working properly. The compass heading is frozen on the same value, the map rotation switches between two fixed settings, the North Up and the Frozen Value of compass heading. The distance to the cache is still being shown correctly. When I try to navigate to different caches, the position of the compass arrow jumps to the new direction, heading stays the same.

I tried to play with compass calibration both in the app and in the system, tried to reboot the device and reinstall the app, but the problem still exists. The Compass app on the iPhone, map orientation in Maps, and the compass in Cachly work absolutely normal.

Any idea how to fix this issue? Has anyone else with the same problem?

Kind regards,
Ezh
Ezh

Re: Compass and map rotation stopped working

Postby neomx » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:21 pm

I have the same issue. The app is basicly useless when the compass doesn't work. Please fix asap

Thanks
neomx

Postby neomx » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi,

it's not L4C . Same issue with Groundspeak app. System compass shows wrong direction as well

try this:
1. Turn off Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services -> Compass Calibration and Motion Calibration
2. Settings -> Privacy -> Turn off location services
3. Restart iPhone
4. Switch on all services again.
After about 5-10 minutes it should work correctly again.

It worked for me.

Cheers
neomx

Postby Ezh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi all,

I tried all these actions, and it did not work out for me. Until 5-Jan, when all affected apps, L4C, GC Buddy, and Geocaching App, suddenly started working again. Interesting that Cachly has not been affected at all, and I relied on it during these four days.

Kind regards,
Ezh
Ezh

Return to Support in english